[LAU] Ardour: Taking out bits of a song

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Oct 18 15:21:34 UTC 2014

Hello all,

  I have a project in Ardour which has much more iterations of verses
than the fnal project wil have, for the sake of explorations,
improvisations, etc.  Is it practical to work on the structure itself
or should I redo all the tracks from scratch with a new count of
verses ?  By 'practical' I mean are there tools and tricks that would
make it easier to take out one verse made out of say, 7 tracks ?  The
project is in sync with the metronome, if it helps.  I can see that it
is possible to select one verse across all the tracks and then delete
it.  Since I do not know that much all that Ardour can do, I'm asking
here if there are better ways to do that using specific Ardour commands
that might be better to the task than selecting with a mouse on a
finer-grained display of the tracks.  Is it also possible to store a
cut-out verse somewhere persistently to use it later ?  - thanks for
any comments and suggestions !

Cheers.