[LAU] Small instrument hardware module

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Oct 20 09:32:28 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 11:18 AM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to install JACK etc. and for instance Pianoteq on a device
> like this, to create your own instrument module?
>
> http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_58_pid_22.html
>

> Regards,
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

It's possible but not on this specific device because of the Rockchip
chipset. I've done a great deal of getting JACK and all to run on
Rockchip based devices but it turned out to be a bit of a
disappointment, I couldn't get it to work in a stable manner because of
the way the peripherals are interconnected. You might want to try a
device based on an Allwinner chipset (A2x or A3x), an Allwinner chipset
is also used as the base of the MOD Duo.
Pianoteq won't run though, AFAIK there are no ARM binaries available.

Jeremy