[LAU] [OT] Bash (shell) security issues

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:35:31 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM, F. Silvain <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:

> Hey hey everyone,
> I hreard, that the Bash (Bourne Again shell) had a vital security issue,
> that was only fixed very recently. So if you rely on Bash better update. I
> _THINK_ the problem was only fixed last week or so. Let your friends know!
> :)
>
> Don't ask me about specifics, I just got the info and passed it along,
> since it sounded like good advice.

I think you are talking about this:

http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2014/q3/650

It first came to light about a month ago or so. It's primarily a concern on
public servers, with old fashioned CGI scripts being the primary vector. I
imagine (and hope) most distros have released updates to address this by
now.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it