[LAU] Music made with linux: a773/sportin' life

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sat Oct 25 08:09:30 UTC 2014

On 10/25/2014 02:40 AM, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Great fusiony track! Anything with Rhodes and synths and jazzy chords
> is gonna make me happy.

Thanks. You should be easy to please then :-)

> Also, it's interesting how jungle drum&bass have come back into
> fashion, it seems. Been hearing a lot of it very recently, after 15
> years of not hearing it.

Although I use it in a much softer way, my main inspiration for this is
actually breakcore, like venetian snares. The original drum and bass
seem to be much more static in the grooves, whereas the newer styles
have all these "micro edits" in the cutups and breakbeat mangling...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk