[LAU] unsubscribed?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:43:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:33:17 +0900
Renick Bell <renick at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems I was unsubscribed by someone today. I received this message:
>
> > linux-audio-user-bounces at lists.linuxaudio.org
>
> > 6:00 PM (2 hours ago)
> > to me
> > Goodbye. We hope you enjoyed the linux-audio-user list.
>
> I had not done anything to my membership, and I had no desire to be
> unsubscribed. Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

If your ISP does reject to many emails, you get a high bounce score.
You get informed about this, but perhaps the mails were rejected too,
so you never could be aware about the problem.

Usually only sending mails to you gets disabled and you need to login
to enable mail delivery again. I don't know what happens, if you have a
high bounce score and you don't visit your mailing list account,
perhaps you then get unsubscribed.

Did you receive as much mails, without much delay, as are in the
mailing list archive, when you still was subscribed?

That's just a guess.