[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Apr 6 12:00:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

[ ... stuff ...]

I'd also mention that these days I do most of my computing on a system with
a 12VDC power input, and for the last 3 months, that system was powered
from a solar-charged 12VDC power system. There is no "ground" in this
system, and no noise - the power supply is as clean as you can get,
audiophile class in fact :)

And yet ... my "cheap" 12VDC amplifier which is also a USB DAC, suffers
from the pin<=>chassis wiring problem. Just touching the USB connector to
the chassis of the computer generates noise. It doesn't have to be anything
to do with AC power supplies ...