[LAU] Calf Envelope Filter = Ardour crash

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Apr 6 14:57:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 08:01:29 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

Hello,

> (1) fftw have not fixed their bug
> (2) i believe that CALF has its own workaround for the bug now

I'm using CALF plugins from git, from a few days ago.

> (3) http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

I used Option # 2 and started Ardour3 from the command line.  I
loaded the CALF Envelope Filter which systematically makes Ardour crash
when the play button is pressed.  There were recorded tracks.  Note
that jackd was started as usual, through qjackctl, w/o any special
consideration.

When Ardour vanished from the desktop the following was shown:

(ardour-3.5.403:3096): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add
property
gtkmm__CustomObject_N9Gtkmm2ext23CellRendererPixbufMultiE::active
after class was initialised ardour-3.5.403:
../libs/ardour/process_thread.cc :102 : static ARDOUR::BufferSet&
ARDOUR::ProcessThread::get_scratch_buffers(ARDOUR::ChanCount,
bool): l'assertion « sb->available() >= count » a échoué.
Abandon (core dumped)

I then loaded the core file in gdb and executed the 'thread apply all
bt' command.  It yielded the attached file,
ardour3.5.403-CALF-EnvFilter-gdb-bt, now compressed.