[LAU] News - New interfaces Motu (AVB linux status ?) - Arturia Audiofuse - Anyone tested those ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Apr 7 01:34:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, OvO OvO wrote:

> Motu as lauched a new audio interface.
> http://www.motu.com/products/avb/ultralite-avb
> The specs tells that it's «USB 2.0 audio class compliant»
> And what surprise me (i was dreaming of this since for ever) the mixing software
> is inside the hardware accessible from a web browser ! No more windows/mac app
> mandatory ! (i hope)

I think this has to do with making it work with AVB.

> « WEB APP Support : Any web client platform: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android»
> Linux written on a motu web page specs product... i should be dreaming....
> The specs talks also of AVB. Someone knows the status of this under linux kernel
> ?

>From the look of things this could be used as an AVB IF in Linux. One
could choose from any input/output on the avb network to populate the 18
i/o lines in the USB link.

I think it would take a pretty careful build hardware wise in a Linux pc
to send receive AVB on the network card... maybe a NIC with a built in PTP
server (and media clock). Might be able to fake it without a special NIC
at some of the higher latencies (1ms or more).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net