[LAU] "spyder" for audio data analysis, etc?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Apr 9 20:27:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

Has anyone here used "spyder" https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder
for audio file data analysis, manipulation or algorithm development?
If so, was your experience with spyder productive?

What I'm *NOT* looking for are point tools.  I know about, and
have used, many a tool to create time plots, spectrograms, and
frequency plots.  My motivation is to learn a bit more about
audio processing theory, and I'm looking for tools that will help
me explore.  What piqued my interest was last year's March issue
of IEEE Signal Processing Magazine.  For instance, there's a fun
article on melody extraction from polyphonic audio at this link:
https://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/pubs/SalGER14-melody.pdf

Thanks.

PS:  http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/developing-your-own-scientific-python-code

--