[LAU] running jackd from rc.local

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Apr 17 13:10:00 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015, Athanasios Silis wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to run jackd instance from /etc/rc.local (along with a few other
> applications) from a custom made init script.
>
> The system is ubuntustudio and I have setup everything to have elevated
> permissions when executing applications from the @audio group.

Are you really wanting to run audio while you are logged out? It would be
much easier to add a desktop file to ~/.config/autostart/ Like
jackstart.desktop with something like:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.9.4
Type=Application
Name=AutoJack
Comment=Jackdbus starter
Exec=jack_control start
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Hidden=false

Change the Exec to point to a script if you want to add config options, or
use jackd instead of jack_control if you don't care about PA-jack
bridging.

This will have jack runnning from login.

If you want to headless operation then have rc.local do it as the user
that will run this stuff.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net