[LAU] Recording a video with High quality audio

Carlos sanchiavedraZ csanchezgs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:41:59 UTC 2015

> Thank you for your responses, Mr. Achstetter.
> Sorry about the delay in my response.
>

> Jannis Achstetter <jannis_achstetter at web.de> writes:
> > [...]
> >
> > > In your first example, it seems I need to  substitute something
> > > for "jackaudiosrc".  What might I put there?
> >
> > Right, I was assuming you are using the JACK audio server. If
> > not you can use "alsasrc" or "pulsesrc", depending on your
> > setup. You can always get a list of available elements
> > using "gst-inspect-1.0".
>
> "gst-inspect-1.0" is a very useful utility. Thank you for
> introducing it to me.  I was hoping to use Jack, but "jackaudiosrc
> does not show up in my "gst-inspect-1.0" output.  Among other things,
> I found:
>
> alsa:  alsasrc: Audio source (ALSA)
> pulseaudio:  pulsesink: PulseAudio Audio Sink
>
> when using either of these, I get the message:
>
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link opusenc0 to queue1
>
> I will continue to work with gst-launch-1.0, though
> it seems that there is a bit of a learning curve.
>
> ---
>
> To others who may be reading this thread:  how are people
> recording the audio to their video at live events?  Keep in mind
> that I am recording chamber music, not rock or electronic music.
> I am thinking that my best bet may be to use my Nikon camera for
> the video, and at the same time use qtractor for the audio, and
> then sync up the two in a video editor.
>
> My Nikon camera takes excellent video, probably better than
> my webcam anyways.

If you have some portable field recorder like Zoom H2, H4 or similar, you
can record several inputs inside this device (mics incorporated and some
XLR/combo inputs as well). Or you can do the same but less portable with a
laptop and some interface with so many inputs as you need, and the mics,
cables, stands and stuff needed for this.

Then use some multimedia editor like Cinelerra, Kdenlive, Kino... to synch
audio and video, or even inside Ardour that supports audio and video synch
(I have not use this function but I think it was introduced in Ardour v3,
now v4 is out).

Hope it helps.

--

C. sanchiavedraZ: