[LAU] Jack max ports question

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:13:43 UTC 2015

On 08/02/2015 08:33 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> the device". But in some ways, it is a solid model for a particular
> class of users. Why should they have to tell JACK ahead of time what
> device to use? Why doesn't it show ALL the inputs and outputs on their
> computer, and just let them choose which ones to use? This is not a
> silly view of the universe.

With a chassis full of ASIO sound devices, the idea that someone has to
"choose one" for a sound server to function at all is pretty counter
intuitive. As you well know, firing up a mac or windows workstation
exposes all driver-compatible sound devices to applications. I don't
consider it unreasonable for a recent convert to expect the same on linux.