[LAU] Music made with Linux - Second & First

Raphaël Mouneyres rmouneyres at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:54:23 UTC 2015

> Hey hey everyone,
> I'd like to announce this new track. Composed and recorded by J.P.C. with guitars by J. Bausch. Mixing and mastering by me. I believe this was fully made in Linux using Nama from start to finish. Including a host of plugins and soft- and hardware instruments.
> http://freeshell.de/~silvain/audio/second_and_first.ogg
>
> I'd appreciate feedback, if you have it. :)

Hi,

This song is a great example to show what can be achieved with a command line DAW !!

Although the playing is often "loosy" (players not always in sync) I was pleased listening to it, especially because the mixing is very good, sort of dry with a good space. Pleasant to listen without fatigue. I often listen to horrible mixes coming from over-pluginized-protools sessions which are really far from what you have achieved.
Some parts makes me think back to a original band called Korekyojin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korekyojinn

Keep the music going on

Raphaël