[LAU] Something odd

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Aug 14 22:39:04 UTC 2015

Background.
I often use my 'office' machine (64 bit dial core Intel - debian 8) to do
experimental work on audio software as I don't want to take risks with my DAW.
Sometimes I use a KA6, other times the motherboard sound depending on what I
want to check. However, I've got into the habit of leaving the KA6 plugged in
anyway.

Recently I've noticed that if I have jack running through the motherboard
audio, I get exactly 1 Xrun approximately every 11 minutes. This doesn't
happen if the KA6 is not plugged in, nor does it happen if I route jack's audio
through it.

If this was some USB issue I would have expected it to be there when routing
through the KA6 as well.

Any ideas?

As an aside, I can run the KA6 at 1/2 the buffer size of the motherboard audio
and still get no Xruns, when the latter is getting quite croaky.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk