[LAU] Midish and Yoshimi issue

F. Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Sun Aug 16 14:04:28 UTC 2015

Hey hey everyone,
I've got problems connecting Midish to Yoshimi. Keyboards with and without
active sensing from the mid 80s to the past year work fine. But when I try to
connect Yoshimi from within Midish, I get no sound. LinuxSampler works though.

The midish procedure
dnew 4 "yoshimi" wo # Add Yoshimi to Midish device list
onew "Yoshimi" {4 0} # name first channel Yoshimi
Create a filter to route all events from my keyboard to Yoshimi.

Typos aren't possible, since it's all done by Midish procedures and has been
tested about 10 times.

Does Yoshimi need any special MIDI input beyond noteon/noteoff perhaps?

Ta-ta
----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain