[LAU] Linux/JACK app for room eq / speaker design-analysis

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Sat Aug 22 17:49:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

After spending time trying to get RoomEqWizard (REW) to use Jack
effectively and simply getting frustrated I'm looking for other tools. (REW
is a nice tool but it doesn't support JACK natively and I tried fooling it
with alsa etc., but I think PulseAudio was getting in the way.)

I ended up using jaaa and japa from Fons Adriensen which work great.

But, I'd like to be able to save the display.

I suppose I could use screen shots for each test and that would be fine.

But, I thought I'd see if anyone knows a Linux tool that can do waterfall
plots, frequency response, etc. Maybe even distortion.

Any recommendations?

Regards,
Mac