[LAU] Searching for audio interface with software-controlled mic gain

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Tue Aug 25 10:49:16 UTC 2015

Thomas Janu <thomas.janu at gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 25. Aug. 2015 um
12:24 Uhr:

> So if I understand this correctly there is a USB connection for audio and
> one would need an additional ethernet or wifi connection for controlling it?

Yes, that's the way you're usually working with it. There is some support
for controlling it via USB/MIDI directly but AFAIK it is limited and
software wise you'd be very much on your own. I vae not tested it. Mackie
protocol support is advertised but not implemented (yet?).

> The only things I'm interested in here is the control of the various gains
> and a two channel recording - seems like that could easily be done with
> this thing.

Yes, very easily.

> I'm guessing the audio interface is class compliant and simply exposes all
> 18x18 channels via alsa?

Yes.

--Felix