[LAU] Compiling dssi-vst-master: -lz missing

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Aug 27 09:45:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

Seeing the description in Ardour's manual for mixed MIDI/Audio tracks
and how they relate to Reaktor, which I knew nothing about, I looked
into it and found an Ubuntu page on how to run Reaktor using
basically wine and dssi-vst.  So I got the sources for dssi-vst and try
to compile on a 64-bit machine.  Got the Steinberg SDK, the multilib
for g++ and gcc, made a symlink for zconf.h to be found and now the
compile halts at not finding '-lz'.  I tried installing libzip, then
lzip (lzma compression) but none are fulfilling the requirement.

What is this -lz exactly ?  And, anyone running Reaktor in this way ?

Thanks.