[LAU] [OT]: Multiple windows paradigm - [WAS]: Re: A Project To Upgrade seq24

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:38:03 UTC 2015

On 09/12/2015 22:17, Louigi Verona wrote:

> A single window mode is very welcome. I don't understand this Linux
> obsession with opening a zillion of windows.

Personally I find multiple windows a very nice distinctive feature on
Linux vs. other OSs, especially for complex applications which offer
different 'interaction paradigms'. An example is a sequencer : having a
new matrix window open possibly for multiple tracks is useful, having
another window for the score editing. Possibly putting those windows on
different workspaces.
Also the option e.g. to only those windows (not the whole application)
'always on top' can be useful (and it's good to have options)

Throw in the multitude of window managers out there and choice is really
wide.

Lorenzo