[LAU] [OT]: Multiple windows paradigm - [WAS]: Re: A Project To Upgrade seq24

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:31:38 UTC 2015

On 11 December 2015 at 03:51, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> bwahahah. i'm a moron. so immersed in MIDI that I failed to read that as
> MDI. sorry.

ha ha, I wondered! :-)

> note that MDI is generally frowned on by GTK developers,

A group renowned for listening to what their users want!

Actually, MDI vs SDI is in some ways incorrect terminology in that it
somewhat implies a "window" per "document".  Whereas some of this
about having 8 different "windows" that all refer to different aspects
of the same thing.  Then I want that greater flexibility to create my
own layouts to suit my own workflow - some separate, some attached.  I
generally find I always want the in-between - eg. both of GIMPs
windowing modes annoy me!

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk