[LAU] Jack sample-rate

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Dec 12 15:54:15 UTC 2015

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015, Will Godfrey wrote:

> Also, as the OP is wanting this for DJ work wouldn't it be simpler to accept
> some additional latency and pass the offending tracks through a 'live'
> samplerate converter?

Considering that the broadcast community expects to resample and uses HW
resample to do so, yes, that is the obvious answer. I find it hard to
think of a DJ situation where anyone would be able to hear any difference.
I don't think there would be any difference in an audiophile situation for
that matter... I am not sure why a DJ would waste space on a drive to use
96k material in any case. Certainly the playback equipment will not show
any difference... except maybe bad. Probably Neil Young DVDs.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net