[LAU] Music made with Linux (MuseScore 2): Norah

ben brouits at free.fr
Tue Dec 15 15:14:22 UTC 2015

Le 14/12/2015 09:27, F. Silvain a écrit :
> Benoît Rouits, Dec 13 2015:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Today i wrote a very little piece for solo Harp, in 6/8 with MuseScore
>> 2. It's tiny and sweet, i hop you will like it:
>> http://brouits.free.fr/music/various/Norah.ogg
> Benoît,
> this is a lovely tune! One thing I do wonder, when listening to your
> compositions: does MuseScore allow you to insert some change of velocity
> in an easy way? I enjoyed some of your songs, but so often they sound
> too generated, which is a pitty! Some tempo and velocity variations
> could do wonders.
>
> Still, this one is beautiful and sweet. and it's good, that you share
> all this music. Please go on doing it!
>
> Ta-ta

Hello Silvain,

Indeed the rendering is mechanical and boring to listen to.

For the moment i did not found an easy way to change velocities of notes
(appart from one note at a time with the note editor).

But I recently saw that MuseScore 2 has a nice QML/JS interface for
plugins, so i would like to write a plugin to fuzzy a little bit the
velocities of a selection of notes. I would like also to fuzzy the
moment of each key pressure, so that could lead to a less robotic rendering.

Cheers, and thanks for your comments !
- Benoît