[LAU] A Project To Upgrade seq24

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sat Dec 19 18:48:22 UTC 2015

oli_kester <oli_kester at zoho.com> writes:

> I'll look into this when I refine my feature list. Could you be a
> little more precise? Does this involve notes that go outside the loop
> boundaries? Is it the same notes that are lost every time?
>
> A one-loop project file that gives this error would be lovely.

No, it's completely random, but only happens when sending to physical
Midi hardware (real equipment on a real Midi line).  It's a different
note each time, and on some iterations, all the notes get out
successfully and nothing is lost.  It might be something in my setup,
but I've successfully used Muse, Ardour, Hydrogen, and QMidiArp to
sequence to Midi hardware without having this problem, so I think it's
a bug in Seq24.

I could make a project file, but it's probably not necessary, since I've
never been able to sequence anything to hardware that didn't do this.
Literally any passage of notes sent to hardware should produce the
symptoms.

I'm on Gentoo using an Edirol UM-3EX USB Midi interface.

--
		+	"With the rise of social networking