[LAU] now online: video recording of Louigi Verona @ Open Source Audio Meeting Cologne in November 2015

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Sun Dec 20 10:28:25 UTC 2015

> Am 20.12.2015 um 10:54 schrieb Hanspeter Portner <dev at open-music-kontrollers.ch>:
> [...]  Blender [1] (yes, it is also a video editor, and a
> fine one, too). It has not been mentioned by anybody in the after-talk
> discussions, so i figured I'll mention it here.

The topic of video editors came up a few times already at your meetings. Last year I was looking for a software to do a short music video and Blender was recommended by on of the participants.

I tried it and it was up to the job, even though I had very limited time and had to learn Blender while cutting the video at the same time within two days. But it involved quite a bit of head scratching. It certainly has the "make complex things possible" part down, but the "make simple things simple" part isn't really there.

One thing I was missing at the time, which was added only quite recently: adding simple 2d scrolling text overlays for titles and credits, without the need to set up a a 3d text object, camera and lightning.

Chris