[LAU] Plugin for bass to resemble the Big Muff Pi Bass pedal?

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Dec 20 17:36:51 UTC 2015

Am 20.12.2015 um 10:18 schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
> On 12/20/2015 09:49 AM, Bent Bisballe Nyeng wrote:
>> >I am about to do a mix of a bass recording which we previously have done
>> >using a big muff pi bass pedal.
>> >This time around is has been done direct in so the input is a clean bass
>> >signal.
>> >I am not in a position where I can do a re-amping session so I am in
>> >search of a pure plugin solution that can get me as close to the big
>> >muff sound as possible.
>> >
>> >The Big Muff Pi Bass in action:
>> >https://youtu.be/PeCAJQcgeTA?list=PLD95311E52D27F1EA&t=19
>> >
>> >I am thinking that perhaps one of the guitarix lv2's can be of assistance?
>> >
>> >I not at all experienced in mixing guitars/basses so any information
>> >that can help me find a usable plugin will be greatly appreciated.
> Hi Bent,
>
> Guitarix has quite some Fuzzes now, also a Big Muff styled one.

Yep, but in guitarix it's the guitar version of the BigMuffPi, and it's
break into two plugs, it's the Muff and then followed by the Sustainer.
However, I doubt that those wouldn't suite you for a BASS, as the
frequency response wouldn’t fit.

In guitarix, we've a BassFuzzPedal plugin, based on a EHX schematic,
which will suite for a Bass, but this isn't available as LV2 plug for now.
But there are the simulations of the EHX HogsFoot and The Mole, and from
Devi Ever the Ruiner and the FatFurryFreak pedals as LV2 plugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA7OustDCLI