[LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue Dec 22 02:10:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:12:58 -0500 (EST)
Karen Lewellen <klewellen at shellworld.net> wrote:

> yes, i know all Linux distributions share common elements.
> what I am asking is which distros among the sort  referenced in the
> article
> above, are going to be already compiled with an easy door to the
> command line?

They're all the same.  Same as Windows for that matter.  They boot in a
desktop interface then with the mouse one can click on the terminal
application icon which will then pop up a window with a Linux console
prompt.  Many desktop managers allows configuration of a key sequence
to call applications.  KXStudio uses the KDE desktop manager.  Others
might be using also KDE, or Cinnamon, Mate, Gnome, etc, there are a
certain number of desktop managers out there although they all more or
less behave the same.

Do you have any special needs ?

If so, please state them so it will be easier to provide suggestions.

Cheers.