[LAU] now online: video recording of Louigi Verona at Open Source Audio Meeting Cologne in November 2015

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Dec 22 18:29:29 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 06:55:18PM +0100, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback, Fons.
>
> I actually approached it differently. To me the important thing was not to
> "quote Fons", but to quote something that I observed as a common sentiment.
> Next time I will rephrase it, I have no intention to quote you specifically.

But you did, presenting my words in way that made them look hilarious and
you audience ask 'who wrote *that* ?!".

> You mention that the first part (I assume the first sentence in the
> paragraph) is part of the wider discussion. I have read that discussion
> and actually have participated in it.

You and I know the context, and hence how to understand what I wrote.
Your audience doesn't.

> You then mention that 'the right ones' is in single quotes. Can you
> expand on what those quotes mean?

They suggest strongly that I think that something like 'the right ideas'
may not even exist. That there may be different and incompatible ways of
doing things, and that consequently a developer and users may disagree
without either of them being right or wrong.

Ciao,

--
FA