[LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Dec 23 05:42:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Assumed you want to run jackd without running X, there might be
> differences between defaults of distros either, but unlikely between an

I have run jackd2 and jackdbus on  a headless system. (Ubuntu's mini.ISO
with whatever I wanted installed) I ran pulse on it too for that matter...
but it was no problem except for the very small ram (less than .25G).
Obviously my choice of applications was limited  :)  it was interesting
that some x libs did get installed but no x was ever started. It was more
to see what I could do with a 300mhz Pentium than any real expected use.
If I could have found more than 192M of ram, I may have tried harder.

I have also run graphic audio programs remotely (ssh -Y style). I first
run xfce-panel from dbus_launch so that all the processes share the same
"session". I use the menu on the panel to start anything else.

SSH server pre installed in a Linux distro is not a certainty though the
client is pretty much.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net