[LAU] Graphic card

Sam Mulvey sam at vis.nu
Sat Jan 3 10:10:10 UTC 2015

On 12/26/14 12:59, Len Ovens wrote:
> But I agree, they are not suited to desktop use.

As a counterpoint, I'm using a board with a Celeron J1900 in my studio
presently.  Admittedly for broadcast talk radio, so my requirements
might not be as large as yours.    If I remember properly, the J1900 is
a quad core processor based off of the atom (silvermont) processors.

In my case, I'm better served by a larger number of smaller horses than
a couple large ones.   I needed two monitors, so the on-board video
wasn't adequate.   I went with an radeon HD5350 running the open source
drivers to simplify working with an rt kernel.

The upside is with the passively-cooled motherboard and video card,  a
DC-DC power supply, and an SSD, I've got a fanless computer, so one less
(admittedly minor) thing to worry about.

-Sam