[LAU] RME HDSPe AIO and amixer cset

francois bluewin francois.juigner at bluewin.ch
Sat Jan 10 22:59:20 UTC 2015

Hi Ralf,

I'am glad and sad to read you... glad because I was on the way to loose
my hair with this Linux setup, and I will give up very quickly !
Sad, because I really hoped to get to something with it. I had a nicely
working setup under windows XP with the HDSPe AIO, but on a noisy
machine, so I swithched to a fanless setup with the same soundcard...
implying a lighter OS than windows.

I encountered endless problems with jackd - now I understand why - so I
tried connecting mpd and brutefir through alsa. This brought me to the
amixer setup and the question I asked. The stupid thing is that
hdspmixer works fine, so it's really only a matter of knowing how to get
rid of that numid issue. I tried to swap the numid=5 with a numid=1 in
the cset command, as it seems that the corresponding numid for the AIO
is 1 instead of 5, but it doesn't work either.
It looks as if the RME forum has been down for some time (or at least
reacting a strange way, sometimes you get to a page, but usually not
two...), so no help to expect from them.

It's a real pity...

Thank you anyway, I'll go back to windows with now server 2012,
AcourateConvolver and foobar :-(

François