[LAU] Headphones

Eric Wong e at 80x24.org
Sat Jan 17 06:04:18 UTC 2015

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder what headphone has a better sound quality than the
> AKG K 240 DF and at the same time is that robust as this headphone.

I was just reminded the other day I've been using Sennheiser HD 650 for
10 years, now.  I have not played soccer with my headphones :), but
I have acciddently dropped them a few times off a standing desk.

The earpads and cable have been replaced a few times, but they still
work well (with replacement parts readily available).  Keep in mind the
infamous "Sennheiser veil" tends to make some recordings sound better
than they actually are.  If anything, I think they're great for showing
the _potential_ of a rough mix or recording.

But I'm mainly a music lover but have been dabbling in post-production
(live audience/soundboard recordings).