[LAU] Audio over WIFI

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 18 02:44:14 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:28:42 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Can I mention the  piezo pickups I installed in my accordion. Gawd
> they sounded awful :) (Accordion wasn't bad back then when I actually
> knew how to play one).

Bob,

an electromagnet/coil is fairly useless for recording an accordion.
Usage of coils isn't impossible, since the accordion does use air to
vibrate things made of metal that might be magnetic. JFTR even the
vibration of nylon strings can be recorded by coils, but there are good
reasons for avoiding this, since nylon has got no directly
electromagnetical impact and air neither has got ;).

It's possible to record a solid body electrical guitar even by using a
dynamic microphone, but that unlikely will produce a nice sound ;).

Regards,
Ralf