[LAU] pickups - was: Audio over WIFI

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sun Jan 18 03:42:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:28:42 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I mention the  piezo pickups I installed in my accordion. Gawd
>>> they sounded awful :) (Accordion wasn't bad back then when I actually
>>> knew how to play one).
>>

>> Bob,
>>
>> an electromagnet/coil is fairly useless for recording an accordion.
>> Usage of coils isn't impossible, since the accordion does use air to
>> vibrate things made of metal that might be magnetic. JFTR even the

Still being sold for this purpose:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schaller-instruments-723-10-84/dp/B004YD67AQ

My install was a very long time ago. Could well be that I just did the
whole job as a botch-up :) Don't have the box any more, and that is
fine. But, I clearly do remember them sounding just awful ... even
after all these years.

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca