[LAU] Audio over WIFI

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Mon Jan 19 07:18:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:55:26 +0700
Kazakore <dj_kaza at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/01/15 18:18, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:48:00AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, in general I dislike to buy from shops such as
> >> Radio Shack and Conrad. The tend to rip off the customers.
> > So what do you recommend to obtain to electronic components
> > in small quantities in Germany ?
>
> Assuming you don't mind ordering online and receiving in the mail
> Farnell have outlets in many countries across Europe and beyond.
>
> Germany: http://de.farnell.com/
>
> A bit more expensive than RS or some of the cheaper sources here in the
> UK but usually better prices and selection than any walk in
> hobby/electronic shops...
>
> Although it seems RS have a Germany store too: http://de.rs-online.com/web/
>
> Often there are trade counters in large cities where you can go and
> collect as well.
>
> Dale.

In the UK I find that Farnell is often cheaper than RS. Also their website
shows their stock level of each item.

RS will let you check if there is enough stock for what you want, but if you
order 1 of something and they only have that 1, it could easily be committed
before you complete your order, and the item will automatically be put on back
order without it being made obvious to you :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk