[LAU] Which kernel do you use?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 23 18:31:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:57:44 +0100, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> So far I've tested all from 3.19.0-rc5 down to 3.4.104

Are yo using a localmodconfig like config? When I build kernels myself
I'm copying a default distro's config and run oldconfig and if wanted, I
add a few settings manually before running oldconfig. Building a kernel
that way, on my aged machine takes around 90 minutes. Since a while
back I usually install Arch kernels build by Joakim, instead of building
them on my own.