[LAU] Which kernel do you use?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 06:53:21 UTC 2015

On 01/23/2015 04:41 PM, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> Am 23.01.2015 um 23:29 schrieb David Santamauro:
>>

>> On 01/23/2015 05:57 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>>> So, which kernels with witch configuration do you all use?
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux chopin 3.17.6-200.fc20.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Dec 8 15:21:05 UTC 2014
>> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> Run jack at 64/2 with the ice1712 (delta1010 or 2496) both with
>> pulseaudio and without. Sporadic xruns when switching workspaces or
>> with pulseaudio clients entering and exiting quickly but during actual
>> recording and playback: rock solid.
>>
>> Running:
>>   - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
>>   - 32GB RAM
>>   - 4x 120GB SSD (hardware RAID5)
>>   - 2x 120GB SSD (software RAID0)
>>   - Intel Graphics and Onboard sound (sometimes I give that to
>> pulseaudio)
>>

> Maybe I need to try my Onboard Intel Graphic when I move to newer
> Kernels, to find out if it is the nouveau driver which case the trouble.
> To bad that I start to like the Cinnamon 3D desktop. :-)

I wouldn't be surprised if modern Intel onboard graphics can handle the
Cinnamon 3D desktop. The Intel HD4600 in my laptop handles video stuff
better than the old Intel that was in my previous laptop.

Of course, I'm an old dinosaur. No desktop environment should require
hardware acceleration to work. That way lies the Land of Windows Bloat! ;)

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community