[LAU] Renoise Redux

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Jul 1 19:13:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:52:35 +0200
Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote:

> On 07/01/2015 12:55 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:22:29 +0200
> > Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote:
> >> I think it would make all your renoise instruments + renoise native
> >> effects available in say ardour. Might be useful :-)
> >
> > Pardon me for the following naive question:
> > In which way ?
>
> It's a vst instrument...
>
> I think if you have that in mind and watch the video, you'll get the
> idea:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Xk9Ck64Ps

Yes, I saw this some time ago.  Everyone knows how to work with vst.  I
don't.  Actually, I will try the airwave interface with Angelina
vst synth and this will be a first.  Is it like using zynsubaddfx ?  A
MIDI keyboard plays zyn, then zyn's output is recorded as an Ardour
track.  Same with a vst synth (I know redux is more, but for
the sake of establishing a base comparison) ?

I know, if I'm not mistaken, that vst plugins in Renoise (I don\t
use any) enables Renoise to add its effects to it.  Whereas it is not
possible, obviously, with a hardware synth sequenced in Renoise.

So that's basically it: I read the blurb but I'm not getting it in
a practical day-to-day way.  What would you do with Redux, in which way
would you creatively use it, incorporate it in your workflows ?

Cheers.