[LAU] open-source delay effects suggestions

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 6 08:27:16 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,
L/C/R Delay by Steve Harris may be the one for you, it's an LV2 stereo plugin with dry/wet and L/C/R settings.
HTH,Fred

      De : Chris Caudle <chris at chriscaudle.org>
 À : linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
 Envoyé le : Lundi 6 juillet 2015 5h48
 Objet : [LAU] open-source delay effects suggestions

I am looking for a delay effect to help create a sense of space around
electronic instruments and close mic'ed acoustic instruments.  In other
words, something natural sounding, not an artificial sounding effect.
Looking for recommendations for something in case I have overlooked
something.

The Harrison 3D triple delay looks like it might be what I had in mind,
but I would prefer something open source.

The Invada delay plugin seems like it might be OK, but I was hoping for a
plugin with a wet/dry mix control so I could use different delay settings
per instrument, rather than having a delay bus like you would for a
reverb, and the Invada seems like it can only be used with a send/bus
approach.  Not unworkable, I would just have to set up multiple busses
with different delay settings, have something like a far away, mid
distance, close instruments kind of approach and just assign tracks to the
different busses as appropriate.

TAP stereo echo also looks like it might be OK for that, I have that
inserted to check out.

And Calf Vintage Delay, although I think I might end up having to use two
of those plugins to get an early reflection effect, unless I am just not
understanding correctly how the feedback parameter works.

Anything I missed that I should check out?

This Reaper plugin looks like what I think I want, but it is Windows only
(although Wine is supported; not sure how that would play in Linux,
though):
The particular plugin is Readelay
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/reaplugs/index.php

--