[LAU] jack 100% CPU when unplugging USB interface

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:35:51 UTC 2015

Hi list,

When I unplug my USB Audio interface while jackd is running on that very
card, jackd's CPU useage peaks and influences the whole operating system
(RT-kernel, jackd's priority is -11) becomes very unresponsive.

I know that I should not unplug it while jack is running, but sometimes
I forget that jack runs and this almost takes my computer down.

So I am wondering if there is any more elegant way of letting jack know
that a device has disappeared, or other solution to this.

Most looking forward to suggestions,
Peter