[LAU] Outputs on Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 not working

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Jul 10 15:58:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, July 9, 2015 10:27 pm, Ílson Bolzan wrote:
> I'm having problems with my interface, and i'm not sure if they are
> because of alsa, or jack.

The jack server just uses alsa, so if there is a problem it is because the
jack configuration conflicted with an alsa setting for the device.
Concentrate on getting the device working alone with alsa, then jack
should just work with no problems.

> Fri Jul 10 00:21:06 2015: configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames
> (23.2 ms), buffer = 2 periods

This message indicates that jack was requested to use 44100 sample rate.

> Fri Jul 10 00:21:06 2015: ERROR: ALSA: cannot set hardware
> parameters for playback

ALSA would not accept the setting requested.

That is often due to clock conflicts, so check the clock settings of the
audio interface.  The most common problem is that the device is configured
to lock to an external clock source, but the external clock is either not
provided, or is provided at a rate different than requested (e.g. the
external clock could be 48000 but the device is requested to run at
44100).

The most common setting would be to use internal clock, and either let
ALSA set the clock rate requested, or manually verify that the device is
configured to use internal clock, 44100 rate (assuming that is actually
the sample rate you want to use).

--
Chris Caudle