[LAU] Music Made with Linux: Election

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 11 04:59:13 UTC 2015

On 07/10/2015 01:58 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 12:31:23 +0100
> Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:09:16 +0200
>> Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I just finished a new track for my a773 project, called Election.
>>> Hope you enjoy!
>>>
>>> https://soundcloud.com/a773/election
>
> Hmm.  So how do you make soundcloud work in Firefox 38.0 Linux Mint 17,
> No Script allowing all from soundclound (including Google !) and having
> soundcloud cookies allowed for the session ?  When the large play
> button is pressed (initially at pause) nothing happens.

Well, after I enabled cookies and script such-like stuff, Iceweasel
38.1.0 on Aptosid (Debian Sid) displayed a line saying that it "has
prevented the outdated plugin 'Adobe Flash' from running on
soundcloud.com." Option was to Continue Blocking, or Allow ... I did
Allow, with option Just once (or something like that), and it worked.

Maybe FF38 is blocking the Flash plugin?

But then I clicked on FlashGot extension, it offered me the MP3 file, so
I grabbed it.

I like the track. What are your plans for the a773 project?

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community