[LAU] Helm synth

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Jul 13 03:24:17 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Matthew Tytel <matthewtytel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yea.. I think it's ALSA only right now. I assumed that JUCE built for JACK
> as well but I guess that's not the case. I'm looking in to this.

​Dummy audio guy here ... so I start up helm and get the nice gui screen. I
have a keyboard connected to the computer. Jack is NOT running. So, how do
I get the keyboard to trigger anything in helm?

So, I figure that I need to use aconnect. Right?

First off I figure what ports I have:

​bob$ aconnect -i
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer           '
    1 'Announce        '
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
    0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 24: 'USB Uno MIDI Interface' [type=kernel]
    0 'USB Uno MIDI Interface MIDI 1'

[08:20 PM ~] bob$ aconnect -o
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
    0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 24: 'USB Uno MIDI Interface' [type=kernel]
    0 'USB Uno MIDI Interface MIDI 1'
client 128: 'Juce Midi Input' [type=user]
    0 'Juce Midi Input '

So, being pretty smart I try:

bob$ aconnect 64:0 128:0
Connection failed (Invalid argument)

At this point I give up and post on LAU.

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca