[LAU] Session Management, ALSA MIDI Ports

Hendrik henne-s at gmx.de
Wed Jul 15 19:01:08 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 08:12:08PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Did you try aj-snapshot from AUR 3?
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aj-snapshot/

No, I didn't try it. Seems also a nice tool, but it looks like it can only save
and restore connections, not the presets used in the synths.

> ladish is in the AUR 3
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&C=0&SeB=nd&K=ladish&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go
>
> and AUR 4
>
> https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=ladish&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go
>
> Assumed a PKGBULD isn't available , it's useful to use aur-git to get
> PKGBUILDS that once were available, but dropped while they still could
> work.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aur-git/
>
> Did you build using  yaourt  or  makepkg -s ?

Ok, I managed to install klaudia-git and ladish-git via yaourt, which is the
way I usually install/upgrade packages. (Why is it called klaudia instead of
claudia!?)

klaudia works fine and it can save and restore the ALSA MIDI ports as well. At
least it worked as expected in the few tests that I did.
But I still have some problems: saving and restoring presets (like drumkits in
hydrogen or sounds in yoshimi) doesn't work. From what I read about session
management I would say that Level 2 session management is required for
this. But I cannot choose that in klaudia.

When I save the session in qjackctl and restore it, all the sound presets are
loaded as expected. (But the MIDI ports are mixed up ...)

There should be quite some people on this list using a similar setup. I wonder
how you deal with these issues.

  Hendrik