[LAU] outfitting a computer for songwriting in linux?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jul 26 16:06:15 UTC 2015

Hi,
The card choice is settled.  i am hunting for the m-audio card Fred
suggested.
Additionally, I followed enough  of that USB midi discussion to decide I
will pass.
I am not the sort of computer user to decide that I am aiming for the next
best upgrade.  I choose for stability, like a pencil.
I have no reason for example to pub wifi on this box, Ethernet is just fine.
Thanks for your take,
Karen