[LAU] outfitting a computer for songwriting in linux?

F. Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Sun Jul 26 19:38:38 UTC 2015

Hey hey Karen,
I have owned the M-Audio Delta 1010LT for years and now own two of them. They
have more I/Os and are just as well supported.

As for keyboards, I think practically any MIDI master keyboard will do. I've
played M-Audio keystation keyboards and found them comfortable. They come in
different
sizes, the 88 keys version has hammer action keys, if you prefer that to
synth action keyboards.

But you should be alright searching your favourite music shop for a master
keyboard with MIDI and/or USB. If you see something, which says direct
so-and-so control, DAW integration or similar, but otherwise seems perfect,
best ask again though. Not sure how they'd behave as USB-interfaces.

If you run a standard system, there won't even be anything to configure. I run
several MIDI keyboards and a few synthesizers directly connected via USB and
they work straight out of the box.

Ta-ta
----
Ffanci