[LAU] Drumgizmo

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Tue Jun 2 17:11:57 UTC 2015

On 02. juni 2015 18:42, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Tue, June 2, 2015 11:39 am, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:
>> I have all those, but the installer still complains that alsa is
>> missing. Is it safe / desirable / unadvisable to install alsa on ubuntu
>> studio?
>
> Any linux system used for audio has alsa installed, probably what you need
> is the alsa-dev package which has the alsa headers needed to compile
> software which can use alsa.

Thanks again for replying!

The actual error message is

configure: error: Package requirements (alsa >= 1.0.18) were not met:
No package 'alsa' found

The alsa-base version on my system seems to be 1.0.25.

Searching for alsa-dev in synaptic doesn't return anything. I have
alsa-base and alsa-tools installed, and can choose to install alsa-oss,
alsa-source and several versions of alsa-player - none of which seems to
fit 'alsa headers needed to compile software'.

There is libzita-alsa-pcmi-dev but, well...

The error message suggests that I 'Consider adjusting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a
non-standard prefix'

I don't understand this message, which was also displayed when missing
c++ and x11. An advice I found was to do
~ export PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH

Could that lead to alsa not being found?

All the best,
Al F