[LAU] Drumgizmo

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jun 2 21:55:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:

> I wanted to try drumgizmo on my ubuntu studio 14.04 box and downloaded it
> from http://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=getting_drumgizmo
>
> Now I'm getting many missing dependencies while trying to install it. It was
> C++, then x11, then smf and now it's asking for alsa.
>
> Before I go on installing that (and possibly even more missing dependencies)
> I wanted to ask the community if you have experience with ubuntu studio and
> drumgizmo and if so whether you found installing it worth the time and
> effort.

As with most debian based distros, there are two packages for each lib.
The running package (that you probably already have... I am sure you have
alsa for example) and the *-dev package that has the include files needed
to build other software using those libs. So the things to download are
the *.dev variants of these packages. If you don't have the run package,
installing the *dev package should pull it in anyway.

I was able to build drumgizmo on UbuntuStudio. It is quite a nice plugin.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net