[LAU] ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Francesco Ceruti ceppofrancy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:26:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Linux Show Player http://linux-show-player.sourceforge.net creator (and
only developer) here,
One of the goal of my project was to provide an alternative to the
abandoned showQ, and an open-source GNU/Linux alternative to
Windows/Mac closed and expensive (cue) software.
It's been 3 years since I started this project, but unfortunately it
didn't gain the expected attention, so I'd like to re-propose Linux Show
Player as an alternative to showQ.

- Native GPLed linux software with a GUI
- ogg/flac/wav/mp3/a-lot-of-format-support
- some stuff are programmable, and others can be added
- you can use the software in a show with just pressing space

Currently it works with jack, but it's not possible to manage the
connections, because the GStreamer implementation doesn't provide
the ability to do so.
I've limited knowledge about jack and almost nothing about programming
with jack, so I really need help here.

It's not written in C/C++, but in Python, and i know, a lot of people
could complain about this choice, but the development is
faster and easier. The cpu-expensive parts are managed by C/C++
extensions like GStreamer and Qt5.

I'm open to new ideas coming from more experienced people, even to
change application-design.