[LAU] A Happy Summer Tune

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Jun 11 23:55:59 UTC 2015

It's not all nuts and bolts you know :)

This is something I first composed in 1992 using a Mk1 Sound Canvas, an SY22
and an Acorn Archimedes. It was recorded on a Casio DAT machine. In those
days the total kit probably cost me in the region of £4000!

It was 7 tracks played on a MIDI keyboard, with only minimal editing afterwards.

Now I have a fresh 9 track arrangement derived from the original files using
just Rosegarden and Yoshimi and then recorded with Audacity in one pass. Total
cost about £300 :)

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/The_Piper.ogg

Enjoy!

--