[LAU] Kurzweil PC3/K KB3 setup for x42-whirl

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Fri Jun 19 17:13:44 UTC 2015

Am 19.06.2015 um 04:54 schrieb Robin Gareus:
> Do you think it makes sense to include those files with the upstream
> setBfree? The PK3 may make sense, but not all distros ship Carla.

The Carla setup is only necessary to map a MIDI CC to the Leslie
slow/fast switch. If there is a way to do the same with the standalone
version or with e.g. jalv, it wouldn't be needed.

BTW, one suggestion for improvement I have would be to change the order
of the options of the Leslie motor control switch, so that "both slow"
is first in the list and "both fast" last. That way one could use a MIDI
CC, which toggles between values 0 and 127 to change between slow and
fast, which is the operation which is used most often during playing. As
it is at the moment, you need to configure your MIDI controller so that
it toggles between 64 and 127, which is unusual.

Chris